Why you should use Kettlebells
“Russian Kettlebell Training is not just a workout, it’s a practice, very much like an internal martial art or Yoga, so spend your time to master the basics.” Pavel Tsatsouline
- Kettlebells have been around for over 300 years
- Kettlebells are highly effective for building strength
- Kettlebell lifting is great for the heart
- Properly used, Kettlebells are surprisingly safe
- Kettlebell training improves body composition, burning 1200 calories/hr
What is a kettlebell?
- The kettlebell is a cast-iron Russian, weightlifting tool that looks like a cannonball with a handle.
- Kettlebells come in a wide variety of weights, from 6 pounds to 106 pounds. Various exercises including swings, squats and presses are done with the kettlebell.
- All the exercises utilize the whole body; the legs, hips, abdomen, back, arms and shoulders work in coordinated movement.
Why work with a kettlebell?
- To burn fat, up to 1200 calories an hour, and develop explosive power
- To build lean functional muscle
- To enhance cardiovascular fitness
- To hone body mechanics, promote physical self-awareness, and improve posture and flexibility
- Because kettlebells are adaptable to men and women of all ages and levels of conditioning
How do I know if kettlebell training is right for me?
- You want a fast and effective workout.
- You want a portable exercise tool that allows me to take your workouts from the studio to my home, the park, or beach.
- You like the idea being able to focus on strength, cardio, and flexibility in a single workout.
- You are tired of the gym experience and looking for a better and faster way to get in shape.
Why learn kettlebells from an RKC – Russian Kettlebell Instructor?
As the demand for kettlebells and kettlebell training grows, many unqualified trainers have begun to advertise their services as kettlebell instructors.
But beware, kettlebell instruction requires an extensive background and training to be truly safe and effective. Don’t risk injury or waste time with subpar instruction when you can take advantage of Pavel and Dragon Door’s growing, worldwide network of highly qualified RKC certified kettlebell instructors.
RKC kettlebell instructors have undergone the world’s most rigorous of kettlebell instructor certification courses and are fully qualified to help you meet and surpass your goals, be they fat loss, strength and power development or athletic success.
The RKC Instructor has demonstrated a high proficiency in the most essential kettlebell drills and shown an ability to effectively teach kettlebell use to others. Below is a picture of my group and the 14 instructors. Out of our RKC certification group of 50 people 35% did not pass. Most came unprepared and took the 23 hr grueling course too lightly. RKC Kettlebell Certification is no joke! You can read my entire journey to the RKC here – be sure to read all posts.